Saturday, September 25, 2004

Letter to Connecticut Attorney General

Dear Connecticut Attorney General, October 17, 2003

Subject: Docket # CR01-0074672, Rockville Court, Connecticut, 20 Park St.

With all due respect, I am trying to convey my story without a tone of anger, which is impossible. I mean no disrespect to you in any of my words below. I admit a lack of tact and can be guilty of not having basic common sense, but I have worked hard my entire life, spoke my mind too often, and have tried to improve my life and for those around me as long as I have been old enough to be aware. I feel a grave injustice has occurred and wish to make you aware for possibly investigating my claims.

Should the Justice System, including law enforcement, in a State, act in anyway similar to a KKK infested state, as was the case in some States at the height of the Klan?

Judge Jonathan Kaplan was aware of me being stalked, harassed, threatened, including my life, while my assailant and I struggled as I defended myself, ending the assault in my dark driveway with pepper spray. In court late October 2002, my assailant admitted to the judge that he, Brian Caldwell, had threatened my life while demanding money. Isn’t that attempted robbery?

Is it strange that police refused to arrest Caldwell, the prosecutor refused to sign Caldwell’s arrest application, and a judge is fine with a landlord being beaten, threatened, stalked before and after the incident, attempted robbery, but is not ok with a landlord ‘overreacting’ defending him/herself?

I was called the victim, when I finally got the police to take my statement almost a month later. But, prosecutor John Panone, refused to sign the arrest application for my assailant, refused to drop the charges against me when I was declared the ‘victim’, and even refused to offer me the AR program that I was eligible for that would have ended up in my charges being erased.

I was sentenced to one year in prison and 3 years probation, had no former record, and was defending myself on my own property during a robbery attempt.

Troopers Ameral and Langlais, refused to take my statement/complaint the night I was attacked on my property, refused to interview witnesses, refused to look at my injuries, but paraded me around the 3 and 4 family houses in Stafford Springs, CT, in front of my neighbors and tenants, then leaving me propped up against a police car with the blue lights flashing for as many as 15 minutes to be displayed, lit, and prominent, for all passing traffic on the major Rt. of 190.

I had spent 4 years and 100’s of thousands and dollars, blood and sweat, fixing up those formerly boarded up properties.

The criminals and drug dealers still operate in Stafford Springs, Connecticut. Yet, after police officers had bragged that ‘Big Mouth’ was going to be run out of town, and taught a lesson, and had bragged I was going to prison before I even went to trial, justice has not been served.

Troopers Ameral and Langlais committed perjury in order that I be convicted. The State Police Internal Affairs refuses to deny nor to take my complaint against officers.

I feel my First Amendment rights have been violated, as I had complained about police and the local court system in newspapers, and had proposed legislation inflammatory to police and those in the judiciary BEFORE I was railroaded to prison.

Your attention to this matter would be greatly appreciated,

Steven G. Erickson
PO Box 730
Enfield, CT 06083 (address no longer valid)

Connecticut State Police Internal Affairs refused to take nor deny these complaints:

Steven G. Erickson February 14, 2003
PO Box 730
Enfield, CT 06083-0730 (address no longer valid)
860-749-xxxx

To whom it may concern at Connecticut State Police Internal Affairs:
(fax to 203-238-6447, tel 238-6390)

I belief Troopers Ameral and Langlais of Connecticut State Police, Troop C, Tolland Connecticut, committed perjury in my criminal trial at Rockville GA#19, 20 Park St, Connecticut on 10-22-02, to get me convicted on 2 misdemeanor charges.

I would like to formerly lodge a complaint against Trooper Ameral and Langlais as I believe they perjured themselves.

Trooper Ameral seemed to turn red and choke over his words as he testified that when asked whether or not I had asked to make a statement and identified myself 10-11-01, after I was nearly robbed, beaten, and threatened on my own property at night after arriving home with Clayton Varno in my van.

Troopers Ameral and Langlais refused to listen to the taped threats on Sue xxxx answering machine against me, 10-11-01, before I was assaulted, to take Sue xxxx statement, Apt x, 5 Church St., Stafford Springs, CT 06076 (860-684-xxxx).

The pair also refused to take my statement, refused to listen to the threats against me from my assailant made from 1:00 PM that day against me.

I had identified myself as a crime victim, my name, and that I wished to make a complained. Both officers denied me this. Trooper Ameral refused to take my statement during processing 10-12-01, and refused to listen to my voicemail with the threats against me.

My assailant was not arrested.

I asked Trooper Ameral more than once to make a complaint and wanted my statement taken. I called out while being held, and asked to make a complaint against my assailant for attempted robbery, assault, and the threatening of me, Sgt Sticca refused to take my statement, 10-12-01.

I called Troop C, when I arrived home in the morning after being held at Troop C, Trooper Decker listened to my entire account of the previous events from the late evening before. I believe he interviewed tenants that had heard my assailant threaten my life and were aware of my assailant going back and forth from the local bar all day looking for me, each time saying he was going to hurt or kill me when I got home.

Trooper Decker politely refused my 2 or more requests to take my written statement regarding the events from the previous day.

My assailant continued to harass and threaten me and attempted to beat me again, Oct 18, 2001. I called the State Police and I believe it was Trooper Colleen Anuszewski, who responded to the call maybe sometime between 8PM and 9PM.

She listened to the threats on my voicemail and listened to my account of the threats made against me and that I had just nearly escaped a 2nd beating by locking myself in my office in my other multi family house, 3 Church St, Stafford Springs, CT.

My assailant came after me 7 times in the time before my trial. 4 of the times I reported the incidents to police.

There was a follow up investigation that calls me the victim of the assault in which I have included. This tells me that if my statement was taken before I was arrested that I would never have been arrested, and at the time of the 2nd report, I think my charges should have been dropped.

Sgt Izzarelli took my statement and interviewed Sue xxxx, possibly Clayton Varno, and others.

Sgt Izzarelli came calling on me and in the presence of Sue xxxx, seemed surprised that my assailant was not arrested and with my case in general, in my opinion.

I believe I had previous arguments with Trooper Langlais, over teens drinking, fighting, and selling drugs off my front lawn, and my displeasure over losing sleep and with the lack of anything being done.

Langlais may have been one of the officers on a previous occasion to Oct 11, 2001, that were chanting, "Oh Stevie, Oh Stevie, Oh Stevie!" outside my office door waking me up maybe 2AM or 3AM in the morning maybe an hour or so after I had called in and complained about intoxicated teenagers, banging into my house, and being so loud they were keeping me awake.

The contents of this letter are to my best belief and knowlege.

Thank you,
Steven G. Erickson

(Another complaint faxed to Connecticut State Police Internal Affairs, not taken nor denied):

Steven G. Erickson April 16, 2003 xxx xxxx
(an address- snipped)

To Whom It May Concern at the Connecticut State Police Internal Affairs Unit
(fax to 203-238-6447, tel 238-6390.

Subject: Trooper Mulcahey’s possible violation of my (Steven G. Erickson) 1st and 14th Amendment rights, civil rights violations, and improper conduct unbecoming of a State Law Official

I believe Trooper Mulcahey acted improperly in telling me I would be arrested if I pursued any charges or allegations against anyone and did not leave the State of Connecticut.

I had brought a tape that Trooper Mulcahey took possession of threats against my daughter, her life, by a man who was sexually obsessed with my then 14 year old daughter and her friend Leann.

The tape also had threats against me, possibly 15 to 20 involving Peter Coukos. Please look into my allegations and take my complaint.

From statements made by Peter Coukos, before I was harassed by him telling me that the Stafford Resident Trooper and Stafford Police Officers did not like him (Peter Coukos) getting along with me and encouraged him to harass me and get rid of me.

After making this statement, Peter Coukos, told me that if I did not write him a check for $30,000 he would make up a false police report, report me to the building inspector for possible code violations, and would try and say I had committed fraud in some way or another fabricating a complaint.

I was also told I was evicted from the property by Peter Coukos, when I believe only a court order could bar me from 3 and 5 Church St.

Stafford Springs, CT, and that it was entirely illegal that I could be told I was barred from Stafford Springs and/or Connecticut, by someone saying they are speaking on behalf of the police.

I asked Trooper Mulcahey to take my complaint against Peter Coukos more than once and over time from as early as February 2002 into the Summer of 2002, regarding Peter Coukos threatening me, assaulting me, locking me of my apartment, blocking my vehicles in the driveway, breaking into my apartment, stealing my van seats and pick up truck cap, etc.

I believe it was an admission to these crimes by Peter Coukos when he signed an agreement not to harass me and to settle my Small Claims suit I brought against him regarding the stolen property.

I do not think it honorable and legal for a State Trooper to threaten me with arrest for being the victim of crimes, not the perpetrator, if I pursued matters taken in police reports, and if I did not leave Stafford Springs and/or Connecticut as soon as was possible.

I find it disturbing that Peter Coukos, claimed to me that the Resident State Trooper had told him, “Big Mouth is going to be shut up,” “Big Mouth is going to be run out of town,” and “Big Mouth is going to be taught a lesson,” before the harassment began, telling me it was encouraged and condoned possibly violating federal and Connecticut laws by police officers and Peter Coukos.

What is contained in this letter is to my best belief and knowledge.

Please look into my allegations and take my complaint.

Thank you,
Steven G. Erickson

P.S. the address of some of the violation is 3 and 5 Church St., Stafford Springs, CT 06076

* * * *
* * * *

added December 29, 2008:
(posted on OpEd News, click below title to go to OpEd News)

December 28, 2008 at 13:58:30

Considering becoming a US Ex-Patriot in 2009

by Steven G. Erickson


Steven G. Erickson mugshot

I went to elected officials in Connecticut from about 1995, regarding the inaccessibility of courts to average working people, and how police will refuse to offer you protection and service based on your race, zip code, occupation, economic status, and whether or not you are politically active. I was told I was “kicked out of Connecticut” by Connecticut State Police from about 1999. After I wrote Bush, 9-15-01, just venting, absolutely fed up with what I was having to go through after having invested 100’s of thousands of dollars, and years of my life acquiring and fixing up boarded up rental properties. Police stepped up their domestic spying program, harassment, threats, and terrorization of me, often following me around in pairs all day from the time I pulled out of my driveway.

Two druggie police informant felons were trying to attack, stalking and terrorizing, and threatening my life at two different rental property locations, Stafford Springs and Somersville, Connecticut.

Another Police Informant, Barbara Sattal [scroll down in post for picture], was encouraged to date me, and then to set me up for a drunk driving arrest where State Police would arrest me, plant drugs on me, beat me up, and I would face decades in prison for the grocery list of felonies I would be charged with.

Sattal fell for me and told me of the State Police plot. I broke up with her. She told me I would lose my daughter, my properties, and go to prison if I did not continue to date her. I had no record, and refused to continue seeing Barbara. Her threat came true. I lost everything I had ever worked for AND contact with my daughter.

I was attacked on my property by a police informant 10-11-01, not even a month after having written Bush [this letter, getting this response], scroll down. Police and local elected officials had the text of my letter a day after I mailed Bush.

I was sentenced to a year in prison for two misdemeanors, breach of peace, and assault 3rd, which can be loud yelling. Without a record, I got prison for “overreacting” to being mugged, ending the beating I was taking with pepper spray. I didn’t want to get stabbed. My assailant wasn’t arrested. To be charged with breach of peace you have to be “in public”. I was attacked from behind in my dark driveway on private property.

If we in the US, live in a police state, if the courts are rigged, and elected officials continue to do nothing, I may leave the US in 2009, to be “Free” and “American” at the same time, elsewhere.

I have found through personal experience that NOTHING in the US Constitution actually applies to anything.

-Steven G. Erickson

A witness tells my story [video]

[click here] for the Connecticut State Police misconduct complaints I lodged. Police in Connecticut have a policy for complainers, it is called, "Arrest and Discredit"


Steven G. Erickson is a freelance cameraman, blogger, photographer, documentary producer, screenwriter, sometimes journalist, and can and will travel anywhere if the terms are right. His objective is to reform America's courts, creating a "People's Grand Jury" system, exposing and fixing public corruption, corporate abuse of the public, and punishing police, official, prosecutorial, judicial, and attorney misconduct.





* * * *

Added December 27, 2008, at 11:03 EST. Witness tells of my saga


(mailing address has changed, my email address is stevengerickson@yahoo.com)

3 Comments:

Blogger The Stark Raving Viking said...

I don't have an address in Enfield Connecticut anymore.

A lot has changed since posting this, a lot has not.

Lodging a police misconduct complaint can make you lose your family, your home, your job, and everything you have ever worked for ... still.

-Steven G. Erickson

Friday, December 26, 2008 11:13:00 PM  
Blogger Ray said...

Hi Steven;
I need your E mail address
You can reach me at

ray@elderabusehelp.org

Thanks

Saturday, December 27, 2008 2:25:00 AM  
Blogger The Stark Raving Viking said...

stevengerickson@yahoo.com

I'll take the old mailing address out and post my email above

Saturday, December 27, 2008 10:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


View My Stats