Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Why are crime areas, crime areas?

...

Forum's Focus Is Crime In City `Quality Of Life'
Concerns Residents


October 13, 2004 By TINA A.
BROWN, Courant Staff Writer

Noise, loitering and other quality-of-life
offenses fuel the city's
perception that crime is up in Hartford even when
serious crimes are down.

It's an issue that perplexes Hartford Police
Chief Patrick J. Harnett, who
was appointed three months ago to implement a
community-policing program in
Hartford that actually works in all 17
neighborhoods.

Tackling nuisance crimes is a problem that Harnett
promised Tuesday that he
and his command staff would resolve.

Harnett, who hasn't yet stated his action plan in public, said he has a
vision that all 408 sworn police officers will work as community police
officers.

They will be directed not just to investigate serious
crimes, but also to
crack down on nuisance crimes that keep residents
uneasy.

More
from the Hartford Courant



I joined a Crime Watch in Stafford Springs, Connecticut, in 1995.

Cops threatened and harassed me for suggesting how to deal with crime, quality of life issues, the drug and alcohol scourge downtown, and how teens were committing worse and worse crimes.


I proposed that police serve all residents equally and Civilian Oversight of Police to State Senator Anthony Guglielmo and the former Representative Mordasky.


Police Officers told me to leave Connecticut, "Or else," as they were upset at what I had written in newspapers and for the laws I proposed.


Troopers Langlais and Amaral committed perjury to have me railroaded to prison for having been an assault and attempted robbery victim on my property at night.


I went to prison, losing family, my home, pets, credit, my retirement, and the sum total of my life.


It isn’t a good idea to complain about crime and drug dealing, IT IS BETTER JUST TO MOVE.


-Steven G. Erickson, PO Box 730, Enfield, CT 06083-0730 USA


stevengerickson@yahoo.com

* * * *

Abolish the Connecticut State Police

Unofficial Lobbyist from Hell




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


View My Stats