Friday, December 17, 2004

Hitler Youth in the UK?

...

Latvian plea to blacklist Salford

The Latvian government is urging foreigners to avoid visiting Salford because it is too dangerous.

The call comes after Sergejs Pacejs, 38, was stabbed in the head with a screwdriver after a gang of youths heard him speaking Russian.

Mr Pacejs remains on a life support machine after the attack on Friday 3 December in Lower Broughton. More and photos from the BBC

* * * *

I’ve been to Riga, Latvia.

Some of the warmest people, good food, art incorporated into the buildings, safe clean streets, great beer (Latvian Porter beer can be up 13% alcohol), and the Freedom Statue is their version of the Statue of Liberty.

I’d love to live in Warsaw, Vilnius, Kaunas, Palanga, Klaipeda, Riga, or even Tallinn Estonia.

I felt safe while in Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia. I felt perfectly safe in London and other parts of England.

I knew I was in a bad area in any of the above countries if I didn’t hear their native languages, but instead, heard Russian being spoken.

I have nothing against Russians and would love to see Russia, the Ukraine, and the White Russia- Belarus.

It sucks to know that being a foreigner visiting, helping the economy, anywhere, can end up in violence and death.

Tourism is a good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


View My Stats