Friday, January 28, 2005

My post on mrlandlord.com

...

mrlandlord.com

Landlord Movie (by SE[MA])

Posted on: Jan 27, 2005 11:09 AM Message:

Is the best way to get out the message regarding landlord rights, to prevent abuse of landlords by the system, landlords paying unfair taxes, by having a Landlord Movie?

Scores of you came to the aid of initials, DC, a former member of an Enfield, CT, landlord group, writing letters to the Enfield Superior Court and callind the Enfield PD keeping DC from going to prison for complaining about the $75/day fine for landlords that had broken windows or damaged siding, when police did nothing about vandalism and other crimes committed against landlords.

DC lost 3 jobs as Enfield PD went to each of DC's bosses telling them DC had a big mouth and should be fired. DC is selling all his rental properties to leave a town filled with abuse of landlords.

MG, a former or current landlord of the Enfield CT group, has also suffered the wrath and abuse of Enfield PD for being vocal about landlord issues and being abused after begging for police services.

By now, many longtime mrlandlord forum readers will know my full name and how to contact me through the Hartford or Enfield Landlord groups, and probably also know the website that I blog regarding rights of landlords rights and that of the small business owner.

I pitch my movie idea on that site under a picture of an American made motorcycle.
mrlandlord the site would be a good plug-in and would draw even more readers to an incredible site.

mrlandlord saved a landlord, DC, from losing his freedom and the sum total of his life's work for speaking out about violations of his rights and that of landlords in general.
The praise of the heros on this site should be sung.

People have short attention spans, whose with me on the movie idea on whether it has anything to do with me, my story, or has nothing to do with me at all?

Something has to be done, as landlord numbers are being reduced, and too many of you still holding property are being abused. You have a right to pass on your property and way of life to future generations. --24.60.120.233

RE: Landlord Movie (by Don[ME])
Posted on: Jan 27, 2005 12:57 PM Message:

I doubt that I will be the only one to tell you this, Steve, but as a group, Landlords rank at the bottom of the barrel, even lower than politicians as far as the general public is concerned. The excellent, caring landlords far surpass the numbers of the "slumlord" type, but that gets no attention, and would hold no one's interest very long.

As far as linking a landlord movie to this website, you would be preaching to the choir.

Granted, as a group, we have almost become Second-Class Citizens, but to be sucessful, we learn to adapt and deal with it. I just think that further educating ourselves and when necessary, becoming politically active is our best bet for a bright future. Just what do you think a movie could accomplish, and who do you think would be the target audience?

Landlord bashing is almost a sport among the general public. No matter how factual you are about the abuses, you won't sway anyone to our side. If anything, you could have the opposite effect by showing those with the power in more LL friendly areas some new tricks they can implement.

Just my opinion. Don --24.147.27.182


RE: Landlord Movie (by Ruthie [Mo])
Posted on: Jan 27, 2005 1:35 PM Message:

Right up Micheal Moore's alley I think.

Took me quite a while to think of his name.

LL's have always had a bad name, nothing changes. But then so do Lawyers and Real Estate Brokers until someone needs one. Might we add Judges sometimes? --69.27.198.38

RE: Landlord Movie (by Jeff S[MI])
Posted on: Jan 27, 2005 3:41 PM Message:

This writing style sort of mimics someone we used to know by the name of Steve (don't recall the last name).

Is my memory correct ?? --12.75.38.157

RE: Landlord Movie (by John[MN])
Posted on: Jan 27, 2005 5:11 PM Message:

From the post I think this is our freind Steven.

I am also of the belief he posts regularly on here as ELS (CT) and has been a very helpful poster under that moniker.

I can only surmise that ELS are his initials spelled backwards.

I tired of posts of his like this one, but when he uses ELS he is quite normal and informative.

I would like that personality of his to come back, and the others to go to this "other" website.
JMHO, YMMV.

John - MN --65.41.194.166

RE: Landlord Movie (by Don[ME])
Posted on: Jan 27, 2005 6:21 PM Message:

John, I may be wrong, but I believe Steve's middle initial is "G".

Somehow I personally do not think that he is ELS. --24.147.27.182

RE: Landlord Movie (by John[MN])
Posted on: Jan 27, 2005 7:58 PM Message:

I could be wrong, it was just a hunch. --65.41.194.166

RE: Landlord Movie (by JFD[IL])
Posted on: Jan 28, 2005 7:53 AM Message:

John(Mn) Once a copper,always a copper! LOL --205.188.116.135

* * * *

DC is Donald Christmas of Thompsonville, a section of Enfield, Connecticut

Landlord Rights and Free Speech

My email: stevengerickson@yahoo.com and trvl@hotmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


View My Stats