Tuesday, April 26, 2005

What do convicted criminals do for work?


crawl space Posted by Hello



foundation coating Posted by Hello

Since being convicted of ‘overreacting’ to coming home after of a double shift of work to my dark driveway to be jumped during a robbery attempt, where the criminal who jumped and tried to rob me was given immunity to maliciously prosecute me for having to do just enough to defend myself, my prospects have been dim.

I was deemed too violent to be able to load boxes on trucks or any other job for any corporation, for that matter. Before being attacked on my property, I was a landlord of 9 apartments that I fixed up top to bottom, and a contractor with 4 yellow pages ads.

I had planned on retiring on $6500 gross monthly rents in a few short years and even running for selectman on the Republican ticket in Stafford Springs, Connecticut. Being a crime victim and sent to prison changed all that.

I have had very little work since being released from prison for having used pepper spray.

Being on probation, having to attend anger management classes, seeing a probation officer, and having a criminal record makes it hard to get ANY job.

I was given a choice of leaving Connecticut or going back to prison for 3 or more years as my Connecticut probation officer didn't want to have to deal with others giving her a hard time for being in charge of "Big Mouth."

My Massachusetts probation officer didn’t think I needed to see a psychiatrist at my expense twice a week for having used pepper spray with no previous record, and didn’t think I needed to go to drug and alcohol classes for being attacked by a drug using alcoholic, when I had no drug or alcohol abuse history.

Well, if I had to do all that, I wouldn’t have ANY time for work, or being able to get back on track.

* * * *

I worked in a crawl space with 20 inches of room, ground to beams, maximum, shoring up a sagging floor. I was worried there might be raccoons or worse under there as a hole had been chewed through the texture 1-11 in the skirt around the perimeter of the house.

I also broke metal ties off off of concrete with a sledge hammer, 5 high, every two feet, and more near the corners. I also busted off ‘snots’ of concrete with the sledge hammer. I then brushed and rolled foundation coating on the exterior of the walls, 2 coats.

This, doing some roofing work, and painting, here and there is the extend of what I have been able to chase down since the life altering prison sentence for having tested free speech, not ‘overreacting’ to be attacked on my property.

This blogger's email: stevengerickson@yahoo.com

My favorite links

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wahhhhh Wahhhhh get over it already! I bet you must drive your wife crazy with all your rantings or girlfriend or maybe better boyfriend since being in prison you know what they say.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005 10:58:00 AM  
Blogger The Stark Raving Viking said...

I'm divorced before the real shit went down.

Women I know, most don't understand.

I wake up, and all that I have ever worked for is still gone.

So, venting on a blog shows self control.

Most people don't have self control.

Most people will either not state their opinion, stating their name, or remain silent.

There are just too many pathetic sheep.

Friday, April 29, 2005 10:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


View My Stats