Monday, April 24, 2006

Fathers who stay in touch with their children

My daughter recently turned 19. I talked with her last night and she thanked me for being there for her and spending time with her through the years.

She told me that her mother credited me with being a factor of her doing so well in school, now being in college, and not having gotten started on drugs or even to try them. My daughter is a National Honor Society Student.

My daughter went on to talk about one of her friends that didn’t have her father in her life and the problems she had. That girl’s brother about 3 years older than my daughter died of a heroin overdose.

Bottom line, Dads, it is best to stay in touch with your children and see them, even if there is a bitter break-up or divorce.

www.freespeech.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


View My Stats