Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Probation!!!???

for Sexual Assault on a 14 year old by a 34 year old!!!

I received a year in prison for resisting being mugged. Stories, like the one below upset beyond any measure as my whole life and everything I have ever worked for went down the toilet when I went to prison. When I was in prison, I read in the Manchester Journal Inquirer in Connecticut, that an armed robber, a repeat offender, got ten years probation for armed robbery. I then read a man that was repeat offender, raped a woman, got probation. Just recently, 6 gang members stabbed a young man to death. Yeah, you guessed it, they got probation, no prison!

From the Hartford Courant:
East Hartford Man Gets Probation For Assault

By CHRISTINE DEMPSEY | Courant Staff Writer
6:04 PM EDT, March 19, 2008


MANCHESTER - A man who was accused of attempting to sexually assault a 14-year-old in East Hartford last year was sentenced to probation today in Superior Court.

Derwick Smith, 34, of Depauw Circle in East Hartford pleaded guilty under the Alford doctrine to impairing the morals of a minor. Charges of criminal attempt to commit first-degree sexual assault and disorderly conduct were not prosecuted. Under the Alford doctrine, a defendant does not admit guilt, but acknowledges there may be enough evidence for a conviction.

Smith, who works as a system administrator at a computer firm, paid a $220 fine and agreed to follow a series of conditions, including one that he have no unsupervised contact with children under 16.

His full sentence is five years in prison, suspended, and five years of probation.

According to the arrest report, the girl, who knows Smith, told police he tried to force himself on her Sept. 27. Smith denied it, it says.

* * * *

My comment to the article posted on the Courant forum:


I got a year in prison for resisting being mugged on my own Connecticut property. I had no previous record.

Stories like these upset me to know end. I had $500,000 in real estate, a relationship with my daughter, a home, retirement, everything gone because I went to prison for pepper spraying a mugger. I am serving a life sentence and complete criminals get probation!

6 gang members kill a young man, get probation, no prison! I get prison for resisting being robbed by a garbage human, felon.

I give Connecticut legislators a piece of my mind here:
http://thegetjusticecoalition.blogspot.com/

* * * *
Keywords: Connecticut CT State Police Trooper Misconduct Brutality injustice complaint judiciary judicial prosecutorial attorney scam legislator legislative committee Hartford Capitol Stafford Springs Somersville Enfield landlord rights Governor M. Jodi Rell John G. Rowland Attorney General Richard Blumenthal Chief State's Attorney Kevin Kane Chief Justice Chase T. Rogers William J. Sullivan US Attorney Kevin J. O'Connor Judge Jonathan Kaplan Arthur L. Spada Colonel Thomas Davoren John A. Danaher III Rockville Court Vernon Elington

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


View My Stats