Sunday, September 21, 2008

The 65-mpg car Ford won't sell in US




By BusinessWeek

If ever there was a car made for the times, this would seem to be it: a sporty subcompact that seats five, offers a navigation system and gets a whopping 65 miles to the gallon. Oh, yes, and the car is made by Ford Motor (F, news, msgs), known widely for lumbering gas hogs.

Ford's 2009 Fiesta ECOnetic goes on sale in November. But here's the catch: Despite the car's potential to transform Ford's image and help it compete with Toyota Motor (TM, news, msgs) and Honda Motor (HMC, news, msgs) in its home market, the company will sell the little fuel sipper only in Europe.

"We know it's an awesome vehicle," says Ford America President Mark Fields. "But there are business reasons why we can't sell it in the U.S." The main one: The Fiesta ECOnetic runs on diesel. [more]

* * * *

If I had the cash, and they were to sell these here in the USA at a good price, I'd buy one.

So, I've stoked some old, major, import/export contacts for their "in" with Ford Motor Company. So, without putting my name on it, I wish to help promote the Fiesta ECOnetic and import it into the US. Aligning with the right people and putting together the right package might even mean a deal.

Other prospects are coming in for other types of deals and jobs. It is either feast or famine. Hopefully I choose well, as I made one big mistake investing in Connecticut rental properties and don't want to take another plunge similar to that ever again. If it means changing my name to have financial success, I'm willing to do that too.

My tasks are probably done with what is probably going to happen to improve the courts in states and the US with what I will be in DC at the Senate and US Congress for in January. So, I intend on putting all my efforts into documentary, film, and import/export ventures.

If I had stayed in the import/export business, I would not be writing this blog, probably would have been living out of the US, quite happily and comfortably. There is no "would have" or "could have", there is just right now and the future.

If I get this deal, sell one of my screenwriting projects in a major way, am casting and filming, or am involved in an equally attractive deal or occupation I intend on taking ALL of my blog posts down and probably will remove ALL of my uploaded videos off the internet.


-Steven G. Erickson

stevengerickson@yahoo.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


View My Stats