Monday, November 17, 2008

Legislating Insurance Changes


The above picture, stolen [from here]

GEICO is allegedly not licensed to sell insurance in Massachusetts.

If GEICO is considered not really having auto insurance coverage by Massachusetts, those driving into Massachusetts could have their vehicles towed and impounded with impound fees compounding daily, be arrested, fined, and face days in court. Why do this? Well, it would wake up the nation to what is going on with insurance companies, and maybe possible changes could be legislated benefiting We the People.

If GEICO has been more stingy, unreasonable, and employing tactics to get citizens to cave into unresonable settlements, or just signing off, GEICO's business practices and complaints lodged against GEICO should be reviewed by Massachusetts legislators, as well as nationally, by US Senators and Congresspersons.

If GEICO insured drivers drive in from out of state and cause deaths, personal injury, lost wages, and mounting medical bills, and if GEICO delays paying what is owed, or only partially pays, or doesn't pay what is owed, they are further harming the economy nationally, medical providers, the homes industry, adding to the mortgage crisis, and can be contributing to the break up and the harming of families. Maybe GEICO corporate executives could even be prosecuted in Massachusetts by the Attorney General for risk of injury to minors, a felony, and to the contributing to the delenquency of minors, given their payment policies doing harm to children and familes, as well as the economy.

Someone who isn't compensated timely, or not compensated fully, or at all, can have ruined credit, face liens, and court. Those teatering, just barely making it, can fall into the prison trap and/or even be contemplating suicide.

By clicking on the white envelope below this post, you can send this post by email. Please make your US Sentors, Congresspersons, and your local elected officials aware of this post and this very important national issue.

Thank you,

Steven G. Erickson
stevengerickson@yahoo.com

[click here] for previous post on GEICO's business practices

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My lawyer called me yesterday and said Geico gave us an offer of $4,000. I was livid at the fact and after spending 6 months under Doctors care, physical therapy, & Medication I had to take for pain. I was in an accident in Nov. of 2007 which a kid ran through a stop sign to try and get in front of me to get to the other side of the road in the opposite direction.

He ran right into me on the front passenger corner of bumper. My car spun around 3 times and stoped in front of on-coming traffic and I was hit again by another vehicle, my airbags deployed. I was so shook up I didn't know the extent of my injuries until after I was in the hospital. I couldn't turn my head and my arm was numb, which my jacket got burned and my neck from the airbag.

It happened at night on my way to work and maybe half a mile from my house. From that day on, I have experienced MRI's, couldn't turn my head for 3 months, headaches on a daily basis, muscle spasms that I never knew what they were until I felt them the first day soon after the accident. I have a 1 year son, and a 3 year old little girl whom I literally could not lift without problems. I am only 5ft. 2in. tall and weigh only 102 pounds. This has put a lot of stress on my life, and my children. I haven't been able to work in the same kind of work due to lifting too frequently. Geico's 1st offer was only $4,000 and I am beside myself as to why??? I was out of work 6 months, had soft tissue injuries, whiplash, moderate herniated disc., muscle spasms, and headaches.

My lawyer said we should file suit and take it to trial. What really happens next? Will they give another offer before he files, or before trial? Or not at all? Could I talk to the adjuster myself? If so, where would I find out who she is? I am so confused. I live in New York State. All help is greatly appreciated!

Monday, November 17, 2008 11:39:00 PM  
Blogger The Stark Raving Viking said...

I decided to expound on my personal gripe with GEICO and did so in [this post], comment # 11.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 7:50:00 AM  
Blogger Rex Bush said...

Steve,

I hope you will allow an alternative viewpoint.

I have been practicing personal injury law for 25 years and have represented injured persons in dealing with GEICO claims adjusters and insurance defense attorneys.

I have not found them to be worse than other insurance companies.

At this time they are one of the better insurance companies to deal with.

Perhaps you were dealing with an unreasonable claims adjuster.

If this happens again, I recommend you go over his/her head and speak with a supervisor.

You can also vent your frustration by reporting the misconduct to your state's insurance commission.

Friday, March 20, 2009 1:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


View My Stats