Thursday, April 23, 2009

Vermont Theater, Eating, and Life


image stolen [from here]
The Bartered Bride performed in 1913-1922 in a landscape theatre in Divoká Šárka, Prague
(Wikimedia Commons)

I did my laundry at a laundromat in Vermont today. The scenery and mountains can't be described in words, nor can the feeling of being in such a place.

I ended up eating at an organic/natural co-op community market while waiting for my laundry. I can't pronounce what I ate, it contained no meat, had plenty of protein from something grown in South America, and it cost me $2.64, and the experiment was a success, I loved what I ate and will be back for more on another day.

I've run into artists, those in theater productions, actors, musicians, those that have volunteered to help in areas of Africa with starving people and even in war zones. Some very interesting short stories. A whole different life experience, and to me, just as intriguing, and exciting, as being in the Gulf Coast region of Mississippi and in New Orleans, Louisiana, after Hurricane Katrina hit.

I have been around and working during the day, and have been too exhausted to do anything at night, so I hope to view art, the festivals, and hang a little at the local theaters. Actors and actresses from all over the world often descend on this area to hone their acting and artistic skills. Some never leave ...

Maybe I'll see a play or two, and review them here. I may have time in the near future, at least I hope to.

* * * *
* * * *

[click here] for

From OpedEdNews.com:

Obama Plays Hamlet; Shredders Hum

by Ray McGovern Page 1 of 4 page(s)

www.opednews.com

Flickr Phoo by florriebassingbourn

Well, well. The New York Times has finally put a story together on the key role played by two faux psychologists in helping the Bush administration devise ways to torture people. We should, I suppose, be thankful for small favors. [more]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


View My Stats