Thursday, July 30, 2009

Meaning of "Straight Edge"

Straight edge

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Straight Edge refers to a lifestyle and youth movement that started within the hardcore punk subculture whose adherents make a lifetime commitment to refrain from drinking alcohol, using tobacco products, and taking recreational drugs. The term was coined by the 1980s hardcore punk band Minor Threat in the song "Straight Edge".

A member of the "straight edge" movement may display their beliefs with a variety of cloth patches.


[more]

* * * *
* * * *

The "scene" started when I was of high school age. I like music with an edge. I believe in being alcohol and drug free. I used to not want anything to do with those who used any illegal drugs. Although, I don't choose to myself, I think what one does in the privacy of their own homes with other adults is their business, not the government's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


View My Stats