Sunday, October 03, 2010

Dirty Sanchez, "Jews Control the Media", and Free Speech?


Latin Singer Julio Iglesias Jr. with Rick Sanchez TV anchor at the Ritz-Carlton in Miami Beach, FL [found here]

When I found out about the CNN Rick Sanchez firing, I first decided to consult a blog, who'd be first to post on such a subject, The Kenny's Sideshow Blog, and he had already posted on the subject 5 hours ago. [That post]

I then went to CNN and watched their response in a video to the Sanchez firing:
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2010/10/03/rs.rick.sanchez.fired.cnn?iref=allsearch

I viewed the video on CNN. I didn't see that Mr. Sanchez did what he is accused of. He claimed that Jews were the 1st tier at CNN, and because of his name and likeness, he was tier 2. I didn't hear, "Jews control the media".

I do think that what Rick Sanchez said was not well thought out, but I feel it is within his legal right of Free Speech. If he had made the comments on his CNN show, I can see where CNN brass would take exception. Sanchez made it as part of a radio broadcast.

Jon Stewart of "The Daily Show" on the subject:
"... said about Jews is true then all he really has to do is apologize (to us) and he’ll get his job back. "[source]


Rick Sanchez is a loose cannon if he actually says what he thinks. If a network is essentially the US government mouthpiece, as is Fox, then someone who sees something, says what he, or she thinks, that person is then dangerous to the spewing propaganda and US government party line. Should criticizing Israel, Israeli government policy, or making any, even mildly questionable, comments about Jews or anything Jewish make a person automatically Anti-Semitic and worthy of being [Blacklisted], fired, and even prosecuted?

Rick Sanchez has been barely on my radar. He has raised in his ranks with me for making his comment. Nothing to do with the Jewish subject, but the fact that he thought something and then said it, did it for me. Since when is respectfully saying what you think, not American?

1 Comments:

Blogger kenny's sideshow said...

I don't get CNN so the only way I knew of Sanchez was through my son-in-law who always said he was the only one on cable news that he liked. I saw him one time but wasn't impressed.

Now will Sanchez increase his cred by not apologizing? And will he ever work in the propaganda media again?

Sunday, October 03, 2010 9:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


View My Stats