Saturday, March 26, 2011

"Our Town", High School Play Performance 2011


Frank Sinatra photo with "Our Town" reference [found here]

I watched a play in New Hampshire performed by High School students. The play is about a fictional town in New Hampshire, and might be the most performed play in the USA. I can see why.

There were many high school students' eyes that weren't dry at the end of the performance, both in the audience and in the cast. The play does make one think about their own life, where they are, and what is most important. Family and other relationships are also something to ponder.

So, during the play I thought about my life the last 2 weeks, and the crap that happened for my reasons to blog.

In the last 2 weeks, what has got my attention is some of the stories I've heard on NHPR, NPR, and Vermont Public Radio. There was a piece on children and older people falling in love with robots that ask how they are doing, and mimic human expressions. Another piece was on the victims of African military gangs cutting off limbs, raping, robbing, and murdering victims all over Africa. Also, what is happening in Libya and Japan is front and center.

At the play, I talked to a member of the clergy about [Jonathan Daniels], a New Hampshire man who went down to Alabama at the request of Martin Luther King to help minorities register to vote. Daniels was jailed for his efforts, and then shot in the back with a shot gun. [story]

* * * *

[click here] for:

Racism, Dirty Tricks, Surveillance, and Official Drug Dealing


Martin Luther King Jr.

* * * *

[click here] for:

The US, F ups, and the CIA



Charles Nesbitt Wilson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


View My Stats